10 September 2007

Settling In

Last night Christine and I drank camel milk. It's creamy and, in spite of refrigeration, warm. Perhaps I should feed the rest of it to the neighborhood cats.

We are gearing up for a month of Ramadan, which should prove to be most interesting. Our school has a special Ramadan schedule that means we start a bit later in the morning, and we end quite a bit earlier. That's a pretty nice schedule. Most of my classes (high school level) will be shortened from 48 minutes to about 33, which will be tough to get much done, but I'm not really complaining. Christine's classes (middle school) are much longer to begin with (two hours), so hers are only shortened to ninety minutes.

During Ramadan Muslim students will be fasting during the day, and after dusk the eating begins. I expect that they will be tired, even more than usual. I wonder what our neighborhood will be like during Ramadan.

It begins Wednesday.

No comments: