05 November 2010

The Halloween That Wasn't, Anastasia's New Smile, and a bit of Talula


Outfit trial run with dead zebra balloons

Halloween wasn't as organized this year at AISA, which worked out fine since Anastasia refused to wear her outfit! We tried the bellydancer costume that we bought in Istanbul last Christmas on her early to check for size; she was fine with it and we even left the shoes out so she could practice walking in them.

Less than a month later, she complained about the elastic on it and refused to even put it on all the way. She had grown a bit, but really! So I cut all the elastic and was going to rig it- but still a definite no from the intended wearer. Nevertheless, we have a few pictures in various states of dress.

We did have a very nice pumpkin carving at her Auntie Leanne's and a new couple in our building brought candy to her since we didn't go to them.
Playing with the pumpkins seeds

Cleaning out the pumpkin

Her preferred version

A Collage of Anastasia's New Smile. It's the "I'm cheesing" smile used because a) you're taking a picture, b)I'm trying to distract you with my smile while I'm being bad or c) I don't realize how silly I look- I think I'm being cute.


And last, but not least, Talula. These photos were taken as we tried to get her passport shot ready for the Embassy. BTW, she should have her very own US passport by November 7th and then we have to start working on her residency visa for the UAE.

Anastasia still adores her. We have to make sure she doesn't wake her from naps, or squeeze her too hard during hugs. I even use "seeing the baby" as a lure from the beach when it's time to go.







No comments: