08 April 2008

News from Abu Dhabi (by Christine)

Check out the recent Camel Beauty Contest- also referred to as "camels on the catwalk"- held here in Abu Dhabi. Some of the videos are quite entertaining. I wonder how it compares to the 4-H fair pig shows of my youth! I know one big difference is the amount of dinero involved: I remember hoping for around $200, while these "ships of the desert" are fetching millions.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080330/od_afp/uaegulffestivalcameloffbeat

Other items in the news (of our lives at least)- "Mission: Get Ready for Baby" is well underway. This week, we have established a timeline for owning our own car (we will be behind the wheel by April 24th) and we also have word that the dream-nanny of our friends will become ours upon their departure :) These were two of the starred items on my "get ready" list, so their being arranged is a great relief. Also, our first "Parent Education" class is this Friday. I'm sure it, or later classes, will inspire a post from Randy.

No comments: