02 March 2008

And the word is...

...the bat/gymnast person inside of me is a GIRL. "Bat" because she's upside down in every scan; "gymnast" for the spectacular floor routine she performs inside me each night as I lie down to sleep. Other terms the baby has been referred to include: tater (now sweet tater- ask Rebekah!), maggie (because she was like a little maggot in the beginning), dhub (which we thought meant "gazelle" but may instead mean "lizard"), cheeky (by the midwife chasing down a fetal heartbeat), Balldini Junior, and the Middle East seed for the "Meunier world domination program" (thanks to Pat for that one).

Recent AISA student online research based on a Chinese calendar, a colleague's dreams and Randy predicted this outcome. Hunches supported by my first trimester vomiting record and Randy's weekly meat consumption proved false.

We're both quite happy with the news. I not-so-secretly hoped for a girl and Randy has maintained a happy-with-either stance. With this information, I think I may be on my way to recovering from the relentlessly consistent births of my 5 younger brothers- the youngest of which is now 22. My oldest brother and his wife found out last week that their new addition, also anticipated in July, will be a boy.

Below are some pictures from the most recent doctor visit (28/2/2008) that revealed all of this. New belly photos are promised soon.


No penis visible between bent legs


Overhead view; with arms in front and to side

No comments: