09 February 2008

Getting older and bigger


Ponderosa for Randy's 35th birthday (yes, Ponderosa! Steak was calling...)


AISA friends: (L>R) Allana, Leanne, Rhonda, Randy, Heidi and Rob


The man himself


First photo of bump


5 months and finally beginning to show :)

OTHER NEWS (by Christine):
1. We go to sign-up for baby classes tomorrow at the Corniche Hospital. It requires proof of marriage, passports, etc and Randy can't come into many areas without me getting security to bring him in a back way. Midwives deliver the babies, but it has the best birthing center in Abu Dhabi. A friend delivered nearly 2 months early and has only good things to say about the place. Check it out at http://www.cornichehospital.com/PhotoGallery.html.

2. In the middle school, the student council (I'm an advisor) held a very successful appreciation dinner for all the support staff (drivers, cleaners, etc). We had more student volunteers to serve the food than people to serve it to! In the upcoming months, the students will take several cool field trips. On Sunday and Monday (girls and boys have to go separate days), we will go to a pottery center --this past TH, we made diagrams of different kiln types and wrote chemical formulas for the components of glazes :). After Leanne, my teaching partner, clearly contrasts the Revolutionary and Civil War fighting tactics, we will go on a paintball field trip to act it out. I'll add a few minutes of ballistic talk before we go. And then after Easter Break, the entire middle school will go on a 3-day camping trip. Cool stuff!

3. My parents are coming in a few months!! We plan to show them the best that the UAE and the Musandam region of Oman has to offer. Brian, my youngest brother, plans to come shortly after the baby is born. Others I'm counting on for a visit (because they mentioned it more than once): Kim, Rebekah, Pat, Kathy and Mariah.

4. Next doctor's visit is Feb 28th. Hopefully we'll find out the sex then :)

2 comments:

kymmie said...

Oh my goodness, THIRTY-FIVE! Ancient. I am glad to see you and yours have adjusted to life in the UAE.

mariah c said...

Congrats on aging so well, Randy! I thought of you, because I always remember your birthday is the same as Mom's. So Happy 35th!
And Chris--you look so beautiful! It's so exciting that you're showing! I hope the classes are a success for both of you; they'll be fun no matter what because you can pretend you're spies when you have to sneak in. Have fun on all of your class trips; they look like a blast (pun intended)... I wish we had cool trips like that in college... ugh. I'm in the midst of midterms, so I keep daydreaming about our visit in... a year and then some... but it's still something to look forward to while I'm studying, even though it's so far away. Lots of love,--ri